|File Renaming Utility (Name Cleaner)
This program is intended to clean up the
filenames of files that have been downloaded from the Internet newsgroups
with Agent or a similar newsreader.
This program will allow you to:
- Quickly clean up the names of files you end up with if you save
newsgroup messages or files using the subject as the filename.
- Allow you to group related files into folders.
- Add delete, and change many of the filtering and grouping options.
- Delete files that contain selected words in their name, with or
- Change selected names from First Name Last Name to Last Name, First
- Move words to the beginning of a file name.
- Change The Name to Name, The.
- Convert Names to Title Case
- Test Zip Files and delete files that fail the test (after prompting)
The program is very early in development, but already very useful.
For more information about what this program does, and how to use it,
File Renaming Utility Version 0.3.(40) (2.3Mb)
Updated June 9, 2002
After downloading, Double-Click on the downloaded file
'NameCleaner0x.exe' to start the installation.
This download is a fully functional program.
Price: Currently FREE! -
You wouldn't pay for it anyway, so I won't even ask you to. (Feel free to
prove me wrong)
Upgrade Information: If you are upgrading from a
previous version, please follow these additional steps before installing the
- Find and make a backup copy of nameopts.ini (In the program directory)
This file stores your preferences.
- Uninstall the existing version of the program.
- Install the new version of the program.
- Copy your backup copy of nameopts.ini over the one installed by the
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4.0, 2000, XP
800x600 or greater video resolution
3Mb Free disk space.
Contact: Rick Macmurchie
1000 Fenn Avenue, Victoria B.C. Canada V8Y 1P3
Back to the Great White North Software Page
Back to the Great White North